Monday, March 29, 2010

Making Monday

I am still knitting away like crazy! I just finished a hat (that I had posted about last week). I need to knit up the flower though and attach it. I am trying to start on my Elmo Peep too but the pattern is confusing so I am calling all knitting forces to help me and am currently waiting on the wisdom of my knitting friends.

I have decided to not seek out my knitting business, at least not right now. I thought it would be so fun to knit and make money, but I am still fairly new to it, not very fast, so it's slightly stressful to try and get everything done. Plus I miss knitting what I want to knit when I want to knit it. I really need to focus my motivation and creativity elsewhere too.

This doesn't have anything to do with crafts, but I have an online training course that I need to get focused on. Since that will be taking a lot of my attention I want to be able to destress and decompress with something fun, not more work. Also, with my DH (Dear Husband) leaving soon I want to be able to spend time with him, go on some vacations, etc and not have in the back of my mind what I should be working on. I will still do it, and I will still post my projects on here, it's just that now my knitting expenses will be coming out of my own pocket. :-/ Hahahaha Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. after i take a couple sewing classes, i want to take a knitting class or 2. i think it would be so amazing to craft something like that. i was flipping through a Martha Stewart mag at the chiropractor's office yesterday, and there were the cutest things...these little animal critters and they were called uriginami or something crazy like that. it said all you needed was beginner knitting skills, but i don't know. they look awesome (and hard).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elmo I posted is an amigurumi. It was easy and difficult all at the same time! lol It was my first one so I can't compare it to any others but it was definitely an interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meshell, I'm your newest follower from mbc. I can really relate to this post. I'm finding that I don't need to try to do everything :).. Nice blog. stop by and visit me at healthy living & a balanced you- www.AliciaHunter.net

    ReplyDelete