Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Busy Little Bee

Wow have I been busy. With the husband leaving soon, we have a lot of things to do. The preparation that comes with a deployment is different for everyone. This is our first so I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. It is becoming stressful as I feel like I have to prepare for the every day regular things and also the "What Ifs" Those darn "What Ifs" are what is making this whole thing........fun. No one wants to think about that stuff and we all want to believe it can't happen to us. But I am a firm believer in hope for the best expect the worst (and plan accordingly).

I'm not sure if there's anything that could make this separation we are going to go through easier other than him not going. That's obviously not going to happen though. I keep saying to myself "I wish we were closer to home" I don't know if that would really help me though, as I've never really been one to rely on my family too much. We haven't lived near our family since we were married over 7 years ago. It's always just been us, doing our thing, living our lives, and figuring it out on our own. Why should I think that this time would be any different?! I guess we always have a little hope for things to happen that we know really aren't going to.


I will just have to keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, our vacation to San Diego. This is our first family vacation. It's definitely something we all need and will all enjoy. I'm really looking forward to this break and this time for us to be just us. No one around that we know, no work, no playgroup, no schedules, nothing. Just us being us and doing our thing.

I'm off to dream about it now......

No comments:

Post a Comment